WOTA stands for Western Oakland Transportation Authority. The purpose of WOTA is to secure rides to necessary, as well as enjoyable, destinations for our residents.
Board Meeting Dates
Jan 20 - WOTA Office in Highland
Feb 17 - White Lake Twp Offices
March 17 - Waterford Twp Offices
May 19 - WOTA Office in Highland
June 9th - Special Board Meeting WOTA Offices
July 21 (Budget) - White Lake Twp Offices
Sept 15 - Waterford Twp Offices
Nov 17 - WOTA Offices in Highland
Dec 15 - White Lake Twp Offices
The public is invited.
All meetings start at 9:00 a.m. unless noted.
Arrangements to reasonably accommodate special needs, including handicap accessibility or interpreter, will be made upon receiving a 72-hour advance notice. Contact WOTA at 248-887-4979 for special services.
WOTA is looking for some great drivers. Applications are being accepted for positions available in August. Click on the application button below, download the form and after completed, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may mail it to our address.
Drivers: Full and Part-time.
Requirements for Drivers:
- Must have or be able to obtain a chauffeur's license.
- Must have an excellent driving record.
- Must be able to work with the public.
- Must manage your time wisely and be familiar with the areas we serve.
- Lift 40+ pounds and be able to help riders on and off the bus and lock down wheelchairs and scooters.
- Utilize technology as we use smart phone walkie-talkies and tablets with GPS.
- Pass a drug test and background check.
Hours are from 7am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday. We have part-time and full-time positions available. Training is provided. Starting pay $14/hr. with a potential raise after 90 days, benefits available for full-time employees include health insurance and paid time off. Starting after August 1st.
If you have questions, please contact Amy Grzymkowski at (248) 887-4979 for more information.
Rick Hamill, Highland Township
Rik Kowall, White Lake Township
Gary Wall, Waterford Township
Kathy Plafchan, Disabled Advisor
L Dennis Whitt , City of Walled Lake
Art Frasca, Financial Advisor