WOTA stands for Western Oakland Transportation Authority. The purpose of WOTA is to secure rides to necessary, as well as enjoyable, destinations for our residents.
2023 Board Meeting Dates
All Board Meetings will be held at the WOTA Offices located at 250 W Livingston Road, Highland, Michigan on the third Tuesday of the month.
Feb 2 - Special Meeting
June - No Meeting
July 18 - Pre Budget Meeting
September 19 - Budget Meeting #1
October 17 - Budget Meeting #2
The public is welcome.
All meetings start at 9:00 a.m. unless noted.
Arrangements to reasonably accommodate special needs, including handicap accessibility or interpreter, will be made upon receiving a 72-hour advance notice. Contact WOTA at 248-887-4979 for special services.
WOTA is always looking for great employees. Applications are being accepted for certified mechanic, drivers and dispatch positions. Click on the application button below, download the form and after completed, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may mail it to our address.
State Certified Mechanic
- Must have Michigan or ASE certifications for lube, tires and brakes. Suspension preferred.
- Must hold a chauffeur's license.
- Follow and perform preventative maintenance on buses, vans and other equipment.
- Use of hoists, hydraulic jacks and tire changer.
- Complete necessary records pertaining to work performed.
- Available for emergency response on a stand-by basis.
- This is a salary position eligible for overtime when merited.
Drivers: Part Time and Full Time - Evening Shift.
Requirements for Drivers:
- Must have a service-oriented personality.
- Must enjoy helping others.
- Must have or be able to obtain a chauffeur's license.
- Must have an excellent driving record.
- The ability to manage your time wisely and be familiar with the areas we serve.
- Lift 40+ pounds and be able to help riders on and off the bus and lock down wheelchairs and scooters.
- Utilize technology. We use smart phone walkie-talkies and tablets with GPS.
- Pass a drug test and background check.
Hours of service are 6am-9:00pm, Monday-Friday. We currently have several positions available.
Shift premium for those working evening hours. Paid training is provided. Paid holidays for all employees, PTO and health care benefits for full time employees.
If you have questions, please contact Amy Grzymkowski at (248) 887-4979 for more information.
Rick Hamill, Highland Township
Rik Kowall, White Lake Township
Gary Wall, Waterford Township
Hana Jaquays, City of Walled Lake
Kathy Plafchan, Disabled Advisor
Anne McCarter, Senior Advisor
LAC Meeting Dates
WOTA's Local Advisory Council was created to provide a voice for our seniors and disabled adults and to improve WOTA's service. The group will meet annually unless issues arise. The LAC follows the Open Meetings Act and is available to the public. Please contact email@example.com for Zoom information. Minutes and Agendas can be found below.